Sunday, April 17, 2011

New Clanrats Unit - FINISHED!

*Squeek*


OK, so I thought at stage 7 I had got these good enough to go on the battlefield, but of course that is never the case. So, having a little bit of time I thought I would add a few details to see if I couldn't bring the overall level of the unit up and try a few new things.




  • Added Tallarn Flesh/ Dwarf Flesh 50/50 mix highlights to all the ears and most of the faces (and some of the arms and hands.)
  • Added Solar Macharius Orange rust throughout the unit's weapons.
  • Spent some time on the unit banner and painted it Codex Grey with layered grey highlights to add some depth.
  • Focused a little bit on the command group and added a few details such as Shining Gold highlights onto Dwarf Bronze bits and Snakebite leather highlights to belts etc.
  • Added grass/ flock to 75% of the bases of the unit.
  • Added Skaven symbols in the main army colour (Ice Blue) to some shields.
So here we are - another unit of 40 Clanrats to add to Squeek's Warlord Clan. That brings me up to 120 Clanrats now. You will find a few pics below. 

I will post a step-by-step guide for these Island of Blood Clanrats (as opposed to "4th Generation" Clanrats) over the next week or so. In the meantime all constructive criticism welcome - let me know what you think.




Added army colour (Ice Blue) symbols on some shields.

Clanrat detail. Added rust to armour and sword.

Clanrat detail. Added rust to armour and sword.

The "business end".



















*Squeek*

5 comments:

  1. I think going back to them knocked 'em up a few notches. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers! I've decided from now on that to get these big units on the table I will focus on just the command squad in terms of adding details. The rest of the unit gets washes and minimal highlights until my sanity returns and I can find more time to work on them!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look really nice! You're very fast painter. Now, get some games and battle reports done ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers Pete!
    @Skip - will hopefully be getting a game in this weekend against Goblins. Trying paint up my Doombell for then, but it is only 2,000 points, so wondering whether to take it or not?
    Will let you know how it goes!
    Cheers,
    Squeek

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...