EDIT: Following the launch of the latest Citadel Paint range in 2012, please note that the colours listed below are from the previous range. I hope to have time to rewrite in the future, but for the time being, you can use the conversion chart/ list I made here or use the official Citadel Conversion chart here.
First, here is how the unit ended looking up:
Devlan Mud (Wash)
The process followed was:
A.) Undercoat and Base texturing:
- After assembly, liberally apply PVA glue to base and dip in modelling sand.
- Wait until dry, then undercoat. (I use Chaos Black spraypaint.)
B.) Base colours:
- Fur: Calthan Brown.
- Skin/ Tail/ Feet: Tallarn Flesh.
- Cloth: Knarloc Green/ Codex Grey 1:1 mix. Follow this with a lighter Knarloc Green/ Codex Grey (1:2) on raised areas of cloth/ edges. (Robes)
- Metal: Boltgun metal. (Weapons, belt buckles, staff tips, banner chains)
- Leathers/ Belts: Snakebite leather. (rope belt, wristband, armour crosspiece on the back of the Clanrat.)
- Banner: Knarloc Green.
- Parchment: Snakebite leather. (Lighter shades will be applied later - see H. below)
- Ornaments: Chaos White. (Skull pendants om troops, staves and banners etc.)
D.) Reapply base colours: Layered up lighter shades/ colours:
- Skin/ Tail/ Feet: Dwarf Flesh on raised areas of face. NOTE: Unlike my Clan Rats, I didn't use Dwarf Flesh on the tails for these guys, preferring to leave them a darker, dirtier feel...
- Metal: Chainmail or Mithril Silver applied to blade edges, nails etc.
- Leather/ Belts: Snakebite leather/ Skull white (1:2 mix).
- Flag: Knarloc Green/ Skull White (1:1 mix) on raised areas and into the center of the flag.
- Parchment: Several layers of increasingly lighter shades of Snakebite Leather/ Skull White.
E.) Final Drybrushing:
- Base: Drybrush Calthan brown, then Tallarn Flesh.
- Fur: (Optional): Drybrush Calthan Brown/ Skull White (50/50).
- Metal: (Optional): Drybrush Mithril silver (Weapon edges) buttons etc. (e.g. Rivets if the model has a shield etc.) or just apply as an "Extreme Highlight" on the edge of the weapon.
- Robes: (Optional) Lightly drybrush Calthan Brown around the base of the robes.
F.) Final Basing:
- Apply dabs of PVA glue onto the base and dip into green flock.
- Paint base sides Knarloc Green.
G.) Final Details: Banner
- Outline the Horned Rat symbol on the Banner in Chaos Black. Once satisfied, fill in. HINT: Practice first on a piece of paper at the same size as you will actually paint onto the banner. This will give you an idea of how it will look and it is good practice...
- Horned Rat eyes: Snot Green. When dry, lighten with a Snot Green/ Skull White mix (1:1)
H.) Final Details: Parchment
- Gradually build up to a lighter shade, using a Snakebite Leather/ Skull White mix in lighter and lighter shades.
- Carefully add symbols and script using a slightly watered down Chaos Black (and a fine detail brush.)
Now I have some Clan Pestilens troops in my army....excellent!