Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Warhammer 8th Edition Rulebook Advance Orders now open!

I just received an email from Games Workshop with Advance Order information for the new WHFB rulebook and associated items. Some of these look really cool and very attractive (if expensive) so I thought I would share them with you here.
(Please note that I am not an employee of GW nor affiliated with them in any way. The information and images below are available on the internet from GW themselves. Links take you to GW UK site and their full description of each item.)

Warhammer Rulebook: (£45)













Collector's Edition Rulebook: (£75) - eek! (Limited to 3,500 copies.)













There are also a range of other tools for playing the game, so of which are limited to "While Stocks Last" and others that appear not to have that limitation...

Warhammer Skull Dice (£7)













Warhammer Counter Set (£8)













Warhammer Template Set (£5)


Warhammer Battle Magic (£6)














Engineer's Ranging Set: (£18)













Warhammer Gamer's Edition: (£75)













First impressions?
There are a couple of items I would like to own from the list above
No. 1: The Collector's Edition...
...for the simple reason that working for a publishing company, I have learned to appreciate the time and effort that goes into printed books of this size and at first glance, this looks very nice. I am sure that there will be people who buy both the Collector's Edition (to admire) and a regular rulebook to use at games. There will also be an equal number of people who feel these rulebooks are hugely expensive and will wait until a Starter Set for this edition appears with a mini rule book...

No. 2: Engineer's Ranging Set...
...because I'm a geek, and somehow using this should be much cooler than using a tape measure. (I'm a bit worried about the durability though.)

No. 3: Warhammer Template Set...
...I like the brass effect. And let's be honest, holding this over the heads of an opposing unit that you are targeting just looks cooler than a plain plastic circle...

Not so interested?
- Warhammer Skull Dice...
...I have dice. I have LOTS of dice already.

- Warhammer Counter Set...
...looks really fiddly. (Although the fact that it functions as an "ingenious combat resolution calculator" is interesting.)

- Battle Magic Cards...
...hmmm, the cards "contain all the spells for every magical lore printed in the Warhammer rulebook"? Then I'll just look them up in the rulebook, thank you very much!

I've no idea if I have the budget to stretch to some of these items, but I'm looking forward to trying to get my paws on them anyway...(isn't Father's Day right around the corner?)

*Squeek*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...