Sunday, June 13, 2010

Skaven Plague Monks - Finished!

Phew, after worrying about what colour wash to use, I finally finished my first unit of 30 Plague Monks to a level I could put on a gaming table! (Thanks to the advice of the experienced Skaven Warlords over at The UnderEmpire forums...)

I'm hoping that these Clan Pestilens troops will be a hefty part of my Warlord's army as I have around 80 of them in total (which I will use with my Plague Furnace in larger games). I'll post a "Step-by-step" when I can, as there were a couple of firsts for me here, such as painting the parchment on the single "Bringer of the Word" figure and trying to paint a unit banner freehand for the first time.

In the meantime, here are some photos...











































As usual, photos make all the little mistakes and things I have forgotten to paint immediately (and depressingly) visible, but at least I have a second unit to my army now if I had to play a game tomorrow.

I'm going to take a break from painting units for a week or so, and take on one of the characters in the army...
The pestilent, repulsive, Plague Priest!













*Squeek*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...