Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Empire...lives?

In a break from our regular Skaven posts, and in light of the new empire models, I thought I would post something a bit different but still (tangentially) related to WFB.

While visiting the UK, I was in Oxford and I came across some recruiters for "The Earl of Manchester's Regiment of Foote". I picked up some info from them before heading to the GW in Oxford. After flicking through the most recent edition of White Dwarf I was struck by how the style of the Empire troops reminded me of the fashions and weapons of the English Civil Wars. (Firearms, swords, pikes and armour. No Griffons with tiny heads though...)

I am a not a member, but I thought I would give a shout out to these stalwart reenactors. Keeping history alive is a great way to learn about and promote the lessons of the past.
According to their flyer, anyone is welcome and all roles are open to both men and women. The price? Just 12 pounds for a taster weekend and they claim membership is cheap AND that you don't have to buy loads of kit.

Check out the photos below! (uploaded from my tablet so sorry for the poor quality).
Visit www.earlofmanchesters.co.uk for more info.

I thought they looked fantastic in their outfits. I think he is dressed as a "Roundhead" officer (fighting for the parliament and Oliver Cromwell?)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...