With the High Elf archers nearly done, last night I delved into my stash of High Elves to try and select my next projects ahead of time.
I'm constrained by some key principles in what I should choose next.
- I only have core painted at the moment (20 Spearmen, 20 archers) so I need to fill the other slots.
- I have only 3 weeks of painting time (weeknights only, approx 2 hours a night.)
- The army should be legal and ready to play at 1000-2000 points
I picked out the following as possible:
X8 Silver Helms. (Special.)
X2 Mages. (Heros)
X2 Repeating bolt throwers. (Rare.)
X2 Great Eagles. (Rare) I think these are older metal Citadel Direct models?
Note: I am perfectly happy to paint just one model where there are 2 available if it would reduce the amount of painting but still give me a legal army e.g. Mages. My logic for the list above was simply that these are relatively low numbers of models. (NB. I am not well known for my logic.
Before you ask, I avoided the following:
- Sword Masters of Hoeth x10 (Special) I am really on the fence about these guys as they are so badass and they look relatively easy to do.
- Dragon Princes x5 (Special) Looked very fiddly...and worthy of not rushing too much.
- Elyrian Reavers x5 (special) great models, but again very detailed...
- White Lions of Chrace x15-20 (special) too many and I already have infantry.
- Lothern Seaguard x10 (Core) already have infantry and they look very fiddly...
- Chariot x1 (special) nice to have, but not essential.
- Teclis (too powerful at these points?)
- Dragon with mage (ditto, and would take too long too paint.)
If essential I will have to rummage around.
Can anyone who knows High Elves well point me in a particular direction or let me know what they think of my ideas above?