Friday, March 16, 2012

I've joined the Dark Side...



...or should that be "the Light Side"???

So, I started work on my High Elf army today. 

Shhhhh, don't tell anyone, but it is a present for my kid, who seems to be interested in the pointy-eared ones. I've only got a couple of months of working time, made harder by the fact that I can only paint in secret, so it is a bit of a challenge.

Here is what I now own (all from ebay, so a relative bargain)

  • X1 Tyrion
  • X1 Teclis
  • X1 Alrith Anir.
  • x1 Mage on Dragon. 
  • X1 Mage
  • X1 BSB
  • X2 Bolt Throwers.
  • X5 Dragon Princes.
  • X16 Silver Helms.
  • X32 Archers.
  • x40 Spearmen.
  • x20 Seaguard.
  • x3 Great Eagles.
  • x30 Swordmasters.
  • x10 Ellyrian Reavers.
  • x17 White Lions.
  • x1 Lion Chariot.

I'm going to continue with my Skaven (of course!) and I am also working on the Stormvermin unit (when my kids are up and about) and I hope to finish them in a week or two.

My question to you though, is what should I paint up in such a short time to make a playable (fun) 1000-1500 point force that my kids and I can use against my Skaven?

I'm guessing (I really have NO idea how many points this would be):

  • 1 Mage
  • 1 BSB
  • 20 or so Spearmen
  • 10-20 Archers.
  • 20 Swordmasters
  • 5 Ellyrian Reavers or 10 Silver Helms.
  • 1 Bolt Thrower
  • 2 Great Eagles.

Looking at what I own and time I have (literally a couple of months, mainly working a couple of hours a night 2-3 nights a week) what would you guys and gals recommend?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

*Squeek*
p.s. I am debating whether or not to put painting guides etc for the Elves here within this blog, or setup a companion site cross-linked from this one....
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...