|"Which way ladz?"|
Ahem, I mean "I've finally finished my first unit of Goblin slaves".
It took me a week to do them, working pretty much every night for a couple of hours on each stage of the painting process. I would do a base colour on all fifty, then back to the first one etc.
At the beginning of this unit, I realized that I would have to do something to break up the uniform look of these old WFB starter set models. I think I have been partially successful, but only a decent unit filler will really do the trick...
(I have something in mind - Rat Ogre holding the chains of a Goblin Warboss and a squig, all of them being whipped on by a master moulder...)
Here are some photos of the unit.
|50 Goblin Slaves!|
|Clan Moulder "Cheerleaders" keep up the unit's motivashun.|
|Snotflikka leading from da' front.|
|Rats added to the movement tray|
|"Old bonez" da spearman|
|Snotflikka 'n friends.|
|Shoot from the back.|
|"I feel safer wiv my big choppa"|
|"We'ze in charge den?"|
- Replaced a lot of the original spearblades with blades from Skaven weapons.
- Removed weapon arms and replaced them with Skaven arms and weapons. (Some from the IOB clanrats, some from the Plague monks sprue)
- Removed the original Goblin icons from their shield bosses and replaced them with Skaven icons. (From previous edition clanrats)
- Replaced whole shields with Island of Blood triangular clanrat shields.
- Added giant rats to some models.
- Added "regular" rats to some models.
- Mixed Goblins spearmen with Goblin archers.
- Used a Skaven standard.
- Added Skaven pennants from the Plague Monk set.
- Added rats to the edge of the movement tray.
Pretty obvious, but still quite a lot of work...
All comments and crit welcome! Thanks for looking.