"Ahh, what is that noise? A scraping, squeeking, high-pitched whine, interspersed with occasional screams?
It can only be the sound of unwilling slaves being forced into the path of an oncoming Doom-Flayer (one naturally has to test every item on loan from Clan Skryre - for could not my many rivals bribe my suppliers into giving me dodgy equipment?)Fortunately, my unwilling subjects being sliced and diced into fleshy cubes makes the remains of this experiment even more edible, ensuring my clan's tunnels are quickly gnawed clean by my servants
(bar the odd piece of cloth and offal...which surely adds atmosphere to my burrow)."
|Copyright Games Workshop. |
Please visit www.games-workshop.com
1. A very characterful addition to a Skaven army.
2. Quite a nice model (now available as Finecast)
3. A decent number of attacks - if you are lucky. (Artillery dice at strength 4)
4. Decent front armour? (3+)
5. Cheap (55 points)
On the other hand...
1. Shockingly poor survivability. (1 wound? ONE WOUND!)
2. Only as tough as a man-thing. (T3?)
3. Terribly vulnerable to the side and rear. (5+ to the rear)
Depending on what you read, the "Skaven Segway" can be useful when used as a hammer unit against a low-toughness opponent who is already engaged with your Clanrats or Stormvermin - or a complete failure! Having never used one, I can't make any recommendations except to say that the advice of keeping it close to it's parent unit makes sense. (As a weapons team, it benefits from a 4+ ward save against shooting.)
I've got hold of a couple of these (metal, not Finecast), so will post photos when done!