So here is an update. Some photos of an the allied HQ unit, called "The Boss". For these models, I decided to differentiate them from regular troops by giving them leather greatcoats/ overcoats.
|The Boss himself. Officers always have different headgear/ pose|
|Engineer/ mechanic (I forget the name)|
Like all Dust Tactics/ Warfare models, getting these painted is straightforward and not too time consuming. One reason for this is that all the models come undercoated, and a few basecoats and some washes and drybrushing will see the models looking more than nice enough for the battlefield.
This isn't a painting guide, so just a bit of info below on colours.
- Catachan Green (armour plates)
- Snakebite Leather (Greatcoats, gloves etc.)
- Vermin Brown (Rifle stocks)
- Chaos Black (Gloves, boots)
- Codex Grey (Drybrushing on soil)
- Chainmail (bolts around the base)
- Macharius Solar Orange (watered down and used as rust)
- Leadbelcher (metal surfaces, weapons)
- Mordian Blue (goggles)
- Ice Blue (goggles)
- Skull White (goggles)
- Nuln Oil - weapons, metals
- Agrax Earthshade - clothes
- Gryphonne Sepia (Seraphim Sepia)
- Ogryn Flesh (Reikland Fleshshade) - face/ skin