Saturday, May 20, 2023

Cthulu Death May Die Painted Minis (WIP)

 Getting nearer the table...

...but on the way!

I've been finding time to paint the models in the base box (before work in the morning and at the end of the day) and I feel like I'm nearly there in terms of being ready for a game. The key to that is getting the basic colours down and aiming for speed, rather than lots of detail (or beauty!). I still have 4 more monsters to paint (including Hastur) but this is about 90% of the base box.

These models have received:
  • Priming: (Mr. Finishing Surfacer 1500 Black)
  • Basecoats: A mix of Citadel contrast paints for highly textured surfaces, and standard paints for smooth surfaces, some details (with an occasional wash.)
  • Spot varnish: An occasional gloss varnish on eyes, slimy bits.
They aren't fully finished in many cases (base rims need to be done in black, and bases painted up etc.) but I feel like I'd be happy to use these.

Monsters:

Cthulu

Cthulu

Cthulu

Byakhee

Byakhee

Shoggoth

Shoggoth

Fire Vampire

Fire Vampire

Star Spawn

Small monsters and cultists

Ghouls

Deep Ones

Deep Ones

Disciples of Hastur

Cultists

Cultists

Investigators

Rasputin

Borden

Borden

Fatima

Fatima

Sister Beth

Sister Beth

Sister Beth

Morgan

Morgan

Morgan

The kid

The kid

Ahmed

Ahmed


Elizabeth

Adam

Adam

Ian

Ian

I'd like to come back to these with proper highlights, maybe drybrushes etc. In the meantime, I can use these to hit the table.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...